Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi HP.......just wanted to echo what others have said....you just lost a customer, and I'll be spreading the word to family and friends "Don't buy HP, they'll leave you high and dry".   Good luck staying in business with support like this.   Hope the eco people get hold of this to estimate how many working printers end up in landfills.

HP Recommended

@ALL...

Our Community has the following to offer...

Check here:

HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

This document applies only to these HP Officejet and Officejet Pro printers that use HP 910, 912, 914, 915, 902-905, or HP 935 ink cartridges:

• HP Officejet 6810, 6820, 6950, 6960, and 8010 printer series
  • HP OfficeJet Pro 6230, 6830, 6960, 6970, 8020, and 8030 printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

As you suggested, I just went online to the hp website only to find that all the inks I need are out of stock or on back order.  A CS person at Office Depot told me hp recalled ALL the 902 cartridges from all major retailers.  I needed to print documents for my son’s high school entrance exam test answer sheet as well as for my work and the cartridges I purchased previously do not work. Now my printer is unusable. This is ridiculous customer service.

HP Recommended

What a joke. I contacted them for free replacement cartridges WEEKS ago and still haven't received anything.

And if they have cartridges to send as free replacements, why aren't they available for us to buy? 

Also, why not release new firmware that would allow us to use non-HP ink??

HP Recommended

@mckate1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. There was an issue with the new lot of HP 902 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges for this model printer and they were recalled. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and the Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document and also check if the printer/ink cartridges are eligible for a replacement. Refer to - 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

Note: The ink cartridges should be available from 12 Dec 2020 in stores and online. Kindly recheck.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

They are not available.  I tried HP online store, Staples, Best Buy. OUT OF STOCK

HP Recommended

No, they are not in stock and no one knows an ETA. 

HP Recommended

@Steven7050, @Len_A

Until any further updates, kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document -  'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hate to break it to you Sandy, but the HP store is out of stock for anything in the 902 line other than black.  So... back to the original question: when will replacement ink be available?  

HP Recommended

That is where I am.  Waited a week on some "promised" ink replacements, but they won't even tell me now WHEN I can expect said replacement. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.