cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Cerebro47
Level 3
11 10 1 42
Message 161 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Going, almost, three months with the inability to buy ink is well beyond ridiculous.  If HP are incapable of making their own product available, then they should do the next best thing.  They should give us a firmware update for our printers and allow us to use third party ink.  Enough is enough!  HP really should be ashamed of themselves for how they have handled this entire situation.  This is not how you treat customers.

achesnut
Level 1
7 7 0 2
Message 162 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just found this.   Have you tried it?

0 Kudos
Len_A
Level 2
12 12 0 4
Message 163 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't get help on that site. **bleep** idiots.

0 Kudos
Len_A
Level 2
12 12 0 4
Message 164 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And that isn't an HP site, either. If you don't have an account with them, they won't help.

achesnut
Level 1
7 7 0 2
Message 165 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It has directions on how to shut down updating.   I tried it.  I ordered off brand ink to see if it works. 

0 Kudos
mckate1
Level 3
24 22 0 11
Message 166 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't see how shutting down updates will help. If we currently can't use the ink, what good does it do to avoid future updates?

0 Kudos
Cerebro47
Level 3
11 10 1 42
Message 167 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agreed with Mckate1.  Yes, we can disable future firmware updates.  But, that won't undo updates that have already been installed.  That, still, leaves us out of luck.

0 Kudos
Ritamerry
1 1 0 0
Message 168 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I opened the3 color cartridges from a set, the cyan one  looked odd.  When I installed them in my HP Officejet 6962 I received a message “defective cartridge” .  I suspected it was the cyan cartridge, so I exchanged the new one with the old and got the printer working for the time being.  I have been an extremely loyal HP printer user, and I am quite annoyed that my printer may be becoming a paperweight as a previous writer suggested.  Will these cartridges ever become available?  When?

0 Kudos
JAK1228
Level 1
9 8 0 1
Message 169 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can't get the XL multi-packs either... None of the XLs seem to be available and not much is avail in the 'economy' capacity either. This is very frustrating when my printer is not very old and I can't supply it with ink?

0 Kudos
JoanneYKK
1 1 0 0
Message 170 of 206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yellow and blue are NOT available

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation