Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I went to buy ink for my printer today, and I saw that the 910 ink (except for some black cartridges and a few magenta cartridges) are sold out everywhere! I finally had to break down and buy a way overpriced pack of 3 colors on Ebay because I have orders to fill for my Etsy shop.

Does anyone have any information on this shortage? I bought ink about a month/month and a half ago, and I had no issues with finding the ink and getting it shipped to my house next day. How long has this shortage been going on? Has HP released any information about it and given an ETA for when it will be back in stock? Has anyone found any other ink that they can used in the 8025? 

Any and all information would be super helpful! Thank you!

91 REPLIES 91
HP Recommended

I was told by a Staples manager the cyan and yellow for 910 ink was recalled. I cannot get a straight answer or some type of solution from HP

So essentially, without access to ink, this brand new printer is useless. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing the information that you received from a Staples manager! While I understand that recalls happen and can happen for various reasons, it doesn't make sense why HP wouldn't be transparent with their customers that they're having issues with ink supplies. It doesn't really help the situation, but it makes me as a customer appreciate a company that keeps me updated on what's going on.

Unfortunately, I had to break down and buy a brand new printer since I need one for my small business. I decided to switch to Epson, and I'm SO happy with the quality of print, the reviews from other customers, and the fact that their forum boards don't have hundreds of messages a week from customers about the same issue.

HP Recommended

My daughter bought this printer - HP Officejet 8020 new about 2 months ago.  Now she needs to print more and has run out of ink.  We have gone to numerous stores and even HP website to look for HP 910 ink cartridges.  We cannot find the Cyan or Yellow cartridges.  I am curious that when her current ink is completely out, will the printer not allow her to print even in Black and White?   I was also told there was a recall of the HP 910 ink from an employee at Office Max.   I am very disappointed in HP for this and am wondering if we need to return her relatively new printer and get a different model or even a brand.   Can anyone tell us how long it will be before HP 910 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges would be available?????

HP Recommended

Completely agree! I would love to find a work around. Also, The virtual assistant is a zero with help on this topic.  This Experience is so frustrating and I will not be any more HP products. The 910 yellow & cyan ink cartridges have been recalled, yet HP is not making that transparent on their site and Ive been unable to use my printer. What a waste. Sorry, it sounds like you are among others having the same issue. I hope HP reads this site and offers assistance to those who trusted that we were buying a product that they would sell ink for!!
btw, I bought mine in July. It was one of last printers on shelf, due to covid. I used the installed ink & just went to replace with ink that I bought on the same day. Staples said they will take the $76 ink pack back, but HP is not even telling us what other options there are for ink!

HP Recommended

I may need to do the same. Btw, i used epson printers for years and was always very satisfied. This situation is unacceptable and a disappointing waste of money. I barely used it and would  return it if I had saved the box. 

HP Recommended

I am, like many others, beyond frustrated to have a brand-new, useless printer.  I purchased a multipack of ink and the cyan came up "incompatible".  When I summited my problem to HP yesterday, they emailed me that a replacement cartridge would be sent out.  Um, okay.  When?  And if they have a replacement to send, why not sell the cartridges they currently have and issue a refund or online credit instead? What I find even more frustrating, is the fact that HP hasn't posted any information about the recall or  let alone when we can expect replacements to be released.  I understand the pandemic has impacted many manufacturers and is the cause of delayed turn around time of many products.  The lack of support or response from HP is very disappointing.  

HP Recommended

I’m having same problem finding HP 910 Cyan ink for my HP 8020 printer. Scoured online and in stores and finally found Magenta and Yellow ink but no Cyan. My printer will not print correctly without the Cyan ink. Even printing in black the color comes out a washed out reddish-pink. I have always owned HP printers and never had this problem before. If you’re only printing in black you shouldn’t have to need Cyan color to print properly!

I’m wondering if they’re saving their small supply for the people that signed up for Auto ink replacement. Come on HP! At least give your customers a legitimate explanation other than “Out of Stock”!! 😡

HP Recommended

Costco told me the same think.  I bought my printer in May.  Does HP seriously think I'll ever buy an HP printer again?

HP Recommended

My brother says Brother is a good brand!  But then, hes' my brother so...😁

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.