Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I bought the 8025 in mid August.  The original ink has run out and I am getting the Incompatible message for both the Cyan and the Black.  Maybe the yellow, but I can't be sure because I can't clear the message from the other cartridges.  My Staples account says I can't return the printer because more than 14 days have passed.  After reading these other comments, I'm going to contact HP as well.  I was going to try another cartridge (still feeling like that is throwing away $25 per cartridge) but they are all sold out - -/ / recalled -- this may explain things.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting. I too have been frustrated trying to get cyan ink. I agree HP should make an announcement. I understand the pandemic situation and the safety of staff, thats foremost. Yet, customers should be informed of these things.

HP Recommended

I filed a complaint about my ink cartridge reading as "incompatible cartridge" and believe it or not, HP sent me a replacement cartridge in 2 days.  I bought the cartridge from Staples a couple of months ago. They never questioned it, or asked for a receipt. Just sent it out.  My thought (as mentioned in my original post), if they have these cartridges available, why aren't they offering to sell them (at lease 1 per costumer), and why aren't they putting out any information to their costumers about the recall and unavailability issues? It's a flipping shame that we have all spent too much time doing our own research to find an answer.  I cannot go out and dish-out a $100 for a new printer.  That's not a solution. 

HP Recommended

FYI I just found and bought some cyan ink on Quill.com.  Bought 2 @ 12.99 ea. Says I'll get it in 2-3 days. Free shipping.  Almost too good to be true.  We'll see.

HP Recommended

Thank you will check it out!

HP Recommended

That's strange.  I'm not techie enough to send a screen shot but here I copied and pasted what they offer directly from their website.  Apparently its still available???  I even got confirmation emails stating that yes you will be receiving this in 2-3 days.  Don't know what to say...

HP 910 Cyan Ink Cartridge (3YL58AN)
Compatible Printers
HP 910 ink cartridges work with: HP OfficeJet 8035, 8028, 8025, 8022, 8020

HP OfficeJet 8018
Up to 2x more prints with Original HP ink vs refill cartridges

$12.99 Each

This item ships FREE *
Qty Add to Cart

HP Recommended

Says out of stock.

HP Recommended

Today's businesses have predictive software used for multiple purposes including supplying their customers.

HP DELIBERATELY constructs its printers so that ALL colors must be present in order to print. That includes having color cartridges inserted even though you may only be printing in black & white.

HP KNEW that they were going to have a 910 shortage, but STILL fraudulently sold HP8020 series printers with the knowledge that consumers were going to be stuck with a useless printer.

I purchased my HP in May 2020, and by the end of August, ZERO color cartridges were available. 

HP has also not been TRANSPARENT in this regard.

HP has not DISCLOSED when color cartridges will be available. One month? One year? Never?

HP has also not offered a WORK AROUND, such as a software update where a non-HP product can be used.

HP Recommended

I purchased my 8035 Printer through Amazon under a protection plan by Asurion.  Asurion stated that they are going to repair my printer and get it back to me.  But what's the point of that if there's insufficient ink available to use the printer?

HP Recommended

HP's response was selected from a list of their pre-selected responses based on key words. How hysterical is that?

Of course HP's response has nothing to do with the issue.

There will be many additional consumers who will join the complaints of others. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.