cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
tom2199182
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

933 color cartridge

HP Recommended
6700 premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

installed 4 new cartridges purchased on line from HP.  cyan and yellow cartridges show that they are empty and "there is a problem with printer or ink system" displays. I 've done everything the virtual "help" says to do except plug directly into wall. I have plugged into o surge protector the same as I havw for years with no problem. Besides the black and magenta show full and OK.. How do I get cartridges replaced?

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,174 30,888 5,327 12,407
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the exact error message? are you sure that Empty cartridge is shown above or maybe Printer Failure or Ink System Problem?

Generally, such an error is more likely with the printer's ink system or print-head and unlikely a similar problem with 2 different new ink cartridges.

Please let me know the EXACT error message, any header or different wording could be crucial to better understand for testing.

Also, please give it a try and directly connect the printer to a wall socket and test, to deny any possible cause.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
tom2199182
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is a problem with printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists then contact HP.

I cant find anybody to talk to on the HP website or any info on how to get warrant replacement..

thanks for your interest

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation