Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
377 dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Like others, I purchased a 377 dw and now, after having purchased a 972x cartridge I find it is not compatible.

We want answers HP.  The 377 dw is designed to physically accept the 972x. There is room, it slides right in. The data ports match up. The ink ports match up. The cartridge snaps right in place.

The PART NUMBER of 972 matches the 972 of the rest of the compatible cartridges...

The stores and on line, including at one point, the HP site, showed that it works.....so many of us purchased this as a cartridge to keep in stock.

The silence from HP and the dismissive answers that we receive saying it does not work defy both logic and good business.  HP, you have created the problem, now you owe us as customers some sort of remedy.

I am out $139+ and others are as well.

Right now, without quick remedy, I am out the money and have a printer that will not print until I can get a new cartridge which, by the way, is not available where I purchased the printer and never has been!! (Staples)

I am a bit more than angry. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.