Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I have an OfficeJet Pro 8630e which is working perfectly but was bought new in 2016. Because of region blocking, I had to purchase an OfficeJet Pro 9015e. However, with the help of Jay_G24,  I was able to reset the region in the 8630e, so now I have both printers and I can return the OfficeJet Pro 9015e. I need some advice: is the 9015e better than the 8630e? I know it may seem silly to compare a 2021 model to a 2016 model, but sometimes the older models are more robust than the new ones. Is it worth the upgrade since the 8630 is 4-/5 years old? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alanbr 

8630 was "top of line" for its day.  I really liked that printer.

I had (for a year as a loaner) and OfficeJet Pro 8740 - I liked that printer even more than the 8630.

I had the OfficeJet Pro 8630 for several years - it was finally donated (still in perfect working order) in 2019 when I purchased my current printer, an OfficeJet Pro 9025.

The OfficeJet Pro 9020 / 9025 is a little bit closer to your 8630 than is the 9015 / 9015e.

For one (and this is a big deal to some of us) the 9020 / 9025 comes with the second drawer.

Super nice >> 2-sided scan

OfficeJet Pro 9025 provides single pass 2-sided scan.

OfficeJet Pro 9015e provides dual pass 2-sided scan.

These are similar models - compare here:

Datasheet - OfficeJet Pro 9015e 

Datasheet - HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-OnePrinter 

For the older printer:

Data sheet - HP Officejet Pro 8610/8620/8630 e-All-in-One 

Both the 9015(e) and the 9020/9025 provide many of the same nice features, including Digital Send (Fax / Network / Scan to Email).

What to do?

Up to you - both are nice printers.

There are always advantages to "new tech", the most obvious of which is the hardware is newer.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips. What is the difference between these two:

OfficeJet Pro 9025 provides single pass 2-sided scan.

OfficeJet Pro 9015e provides dual pass 2-sided scan.

Best,

Alan

HP Recommended

@alanbr 

You are welcome.

Single-Pass
Both front and backside are scanned during a single pass through the printer.

Dual-pass Scan
The first page is scanned and ejects to the output tray - the sheet is then drawn back in to scan the backside page.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.