cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

At least one of my cartridges has a problem

HP Recommended
HP Envoy 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I replaced my ink cartridges and received the following message:  "At least one of the cartridges has a problem".

So - took the cartridges back and replaced them with new ones.   Tried again and got the same message.

Can u help?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MaggieVegas,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you get an error message "At least one of the cartridges has a problem" on your HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the electrical contacts on the cartridge or the printer are defective.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: 'Incompatible Ink Cartridge' or 'Ink Cartridges Missing' Error Displays

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to print something yesterday and was highjacked by Adobe.  Now I cannot print due to one cartridge having a proglem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Printer alll in one hp j4580 not represented in solutions.  Possible waste of time.  I will write it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 325 967
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, I had the same problem "At least one of the Cartridges has a problem." I tried the link you provided https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/document/c047100... and it is no longer a valid link.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code OXBO41F9D6 help!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation