cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Vic2011
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Black ink not working!

HP Recommended
Office pro 6960

Trying to install a new black ink cartridge. I cannot get the printer to register and print in Black. the screen that shows the levels of ink, shows that the black is full however it doesn't print. I have tried turning it off, turning it on taking it out and putting it back in again,  print alignments, cleaning printer head. I've tried resetting the printer on a semi reset and nothing seems to work. I have now bought two ink cartridges and neither work. Please help. Im trying to homeschool!

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,739 18,716 1,537 1,511
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vic2011, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation