Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet Ink Advantage Ultra 4729
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see this is a common problem but found no solutions. My printer was working fine. Today I tried printing and at first the print heads would move but would not print anything.  I had a full color cartrige and a 1/8 full black cartrige.  I tried color only printing and came out Ok (a bit light, but ok).  Tried printing a combined color powerpoint page with some black text and color came out Ok, but black was grey.  I did the print head cleaning a couple of times, changed black catrige (original cartrige, with the alignment process), but black remained grey.  Tried the photocopy test and copy came out grey also.  Removed and reinstalled printer and drivers and did not help.   I think I run all the testing I have seeng in HP and other google forums.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JCM88

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Appreciate you trying all the steps by yourself.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I went through all the contacts path and found no support available. 

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.