Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Whenever I try and print a document that I have emailed from work I have a black line along the length of each page.  I can print this document at work with no issues but when printed at home the line appears.  It cannot be seen on print preview or on the document when open on Microsoft Word.  I have tried altering margins, layout and everything I can think of but it doesn't make a difference.  What is causing this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Maggotymae

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you make a copy and check if those prints fine?

If not, follow the below steps,

Run a Print Quality Diagnostic report

Use a Print Quality Diagnostic report to check if the printhead or ink cartridges need to be cleaned or if there is an alignment issue.

1. Load plain white paper in the tray.

2. Print the report.

• Printers with a touchscreen or menus: On the printer, open the Settings or Setup menu, touch Tools or Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report or similar.

• Printers without a touchscreen or menus: Go to 123.hp.com or your app store to install the HP Smart app. Click the picture of your printer on the home screen to open printer management options that include the report.

Print quality report

If that does not print fine run the automated printhead or ink cartridge cleaning tool

1. Load plain white paper in the tray.

2. Run the cleaning tool.

• Printers with a touchscreen or menus: On the printer, open the Settings or Setup menu, touch Tools or Printer Maintenance, and then touch Clean Printhead or Clean Cartridges.

• Printers without a touchscreen or menus: Go to 123.hp.com or your app store to install the HP Smart app. Click the picture of your printer on the home screen to open printer management options that include the cleaning tool.

3. If the page that prints has defects, the printhead might be badly clogged. Run up to two more cleaning cycles.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.