Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740

My printer has a fairly new cartridge and , about 70% ink level remaining (black) and keeps printing out blank pages. I’ve ran through all the maintenance options on the printer, such as cleaning the cartridges & smear lines. I’ve checked for updates (no new available), I’ve unplugged the device for some time and even plugged it directly into the wall. I’ve removed the cartridge several times and reinserted, ran quality reports and those print out blank. Whenever I print anything the page comes out completely blank. I have tried printing from multiple devices and nothing. A couple months ago I would get faded lines, did all the above, so I left the printer alone. Now that I have tried to use it again, nothing appears. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.