Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6055
iOS

Trying to set up a brand-new Envy 6055. All the blue tape has been removed, but the ink access cartridge jar will simply not let me lift it up and so I cannot install the ink cartridges. What would prevent it from opening?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ColorMeSad,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below instructions to insert ink cartridges-

1. Plug the printer into the wall outlet and turn the printer on
  2. Lift the ink cartridge access door by using the recessed areas on the sides of the printer until it locks into place.
  3. The carriage moves slightly to the left.

HP DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage 6000 and HP ENVY 6000 All-in-One printers

Opening the ink cartridge access door4.Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

5.Remove an ink cartridge from its package. Be careful to touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridge.

Holding the ink cartridge by the sides

6.Remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge, and then discard or recycle the package and tape.

CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Removing the plastic tape

1. With the nozzles toward the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot, and then close the ink lid until the ink snaps into place.

NOTE: 

Install the color ink cartridge on the left and the black ink cartridge on the right.

Installing the ink cartridges

7.Repeat these steps for the other ink cartridge.

8.Lower the ink cartridge access door, and then press gently to lock it into place.

NOTE: 

If you have not done printer alignment during app or software installation, the printer automatically prints the alignment page after 3 pages are printed. Follow the instructions on the printer alignment page to complete alignment.

You may refer to -HP DeskJet, ENVY 6000, 6400 Printers - First Time Printer Setup 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.