Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm having this same exact problem on a brand new Color LaserJet Pro MFP M282-285. Has anyone sorted this out?  Seems ridiculous that HP would hide these options.

HP Recommended

A technician from HP said that it is not possible to select best printing option on this model of printer 😞  I have since returned mine and got a full refund.

HP Recommended

I don't understand how that is possible. Do you mean it is not possible in macOS (but it is in Windows)? Because if it is not possible at all, that means the printer has no such mode. And, if it is possible in Windows but not in macOS, then it is a software problem very easy to solve!!

HP Recommended

It isn't possible on windows or MacOS unfortunately with this printer!!  

HP Recommended

Excuse me for my insistence, but I still don’t get the point:

• (A) There is a “best quality” mode which the printer is capable of, but no operating system is able to achieve

OR

• (B) This printer has only two modes (draft and final quality) but the software wrongly shows a third non-existent mode

If (A) is true, I still think there is an easy solution: HP/Apple/Microsoft, re-write new drivers. If (B) is true then there is an even easier solution: remove such non-existent mode from the actual drivers. In other words, if (A) is true, this is like having a Ferrari but with a speed limited to 50 Km/h. If (B) is true, this is like having an Audi (not bad, by the way), but with a sticker of a Ferrari in the front. I would like someone at HP to completely clarify this, because I’m quite happy with my printer, but I would like to know if there is a possibility to get a higher quality.

HP Recommended

Same here for me with m118dw using os mac 10.10.5

HP Recommended

Before ordering a few M255dw's for our office I called HP to check to see if this was true and if "High Quality" could not be used form a Mac.  Support assured me this was fixed, which is complete and utter BS.  Got our new printers today and the exact same issue others are having.  We assured we have the latest firmware, and are on the latest version of Catalina with all apps and updates done.  You suck HP!  Your support sucks and your software sucks.  Update your **bleep** firmware to allow full functionality with Mac.  We are returning all of these and going back to Brother, a much better company.

HP Recommended

Hi @funkriders

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m having same issue. What is resolution to this issue?

HP Recommended

Ridiculous. What did you go with? Brother, Canon, or another? I agree, HP has lost their way!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.