Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Problem is indicating the black cartridge with message:

Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge, make sure it is correctly installed. 

I have tried all the suggestions (cleaning contacts, etc.) but still have the problem.

I subscribe to HP InstantInk but can not find anywhere on the website to report this problem to them.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have now given up on receiving a replacement cartridge.  After 16 days and being promised a replacement cartridge being sent 'Express' on two occasions I have not got any further.  As I mentioned before, according to messages on my account Instant Ink can not send me a replacement cartridge as they can not check my ink levels, my cartridge ink levels can not be read as one of the cartridges is defective  (the one I was waiting for a replacement).  

I have now cancelled my account and will purchase my cartridges locally where at least I can take them back if they are defective.

And the final outcome - although I was unable to use my printer fully since the 3rd of the month, the final payment was still taken out of my account on closure 26 days later.  Very disappointed with Instant Ink.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @ElginIan,

I'd like to help!

I have responded to your private message.

Please check your messages.

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

i have the same message about cartridge needs to be reinstalled etc, i too subscribe to HP Inkjet and have put new cartidge's in but error message still coming up....can someone help please

Ade54

HP Recommended

Please help. I have the same problem 

HP Recommended

I am awaiting delivery of replacement cartridge.  I will confirm success or otherwise on receipt.

HP Recommended

HP have sent wrong colour cartridge, how can i get the correct one sent. This is an urgent request as i am without a printer

Ade54

HP Recommended

@Ade54, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• What model printer are you using?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the offer of help.   I have been talking to Jay_G24 who has been trying to send me a replacement cartridge.  Unfortunately, the replacement can not be sent because the system can not detect my ink levels.  The reason the system can not detect my ink levels is because  a cartridge is defective - a bit of chicken and egg situation.  I am on the verge of giving up on HP printers although I have been using HP printers for many years.

Regards,

Ian

HP Recommended

Hello Ian

just to let you know that I got sent a replacement cartridge and printer now working well.

Ade54

HP Recommended

Hi Ade54, lucky you, I am still waiting for my replacement cartridge and I am still getting the error message on my account saying the replacement can not be sent as the system can not detect my ink levels...  I wonder when the message will change!  I notice that there is also a post on here now saying that a 'Solution' as been posted, I still have not received anything that I can count as a 'Solution'.

Ian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.