Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There,

I have hp 2545 all in one inkjet printer and after moving to Netherlands the new cartridge 301 is not supported by the printer. Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Thank you sharing the information. Appreciated.

However, I am not able to get any contact number or Live chat option on the support site. Please assist on this

HP Recommended

I will ask to have your case escalated.  An HP Support agent should respond here in this thread, and will likely follow up with a private message.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

That would be great, thank you so much for the assistance.

good day!

HP Recommended

@Dy2022

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, we'll have to do a region reset.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. 

3. You need to have all the cartridges from the old region/country.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Yes, all the requriements are done but who will help to do the regional reset.

Regards,
Deepak

HP Recommended

We will do it here.

1. Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2. Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3. Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.