Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cartridges not communicating

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My M281fdw laser printer was working perfectly. I got an update notice while I was printing, I allowed it to update. Almost immediately my magenta ink said it was not communicating with the printer, the next day the black said the same. I replaced both with new cartridges. The message didn't change. The next day they all said the same, I changed the final two. The message still didn't change. I unplugged the printer, waited 10 minutes, it still doesn't work. I took them out and put them back in, nothing. I put the original ones back in that were working perfectly before the update occurred, still nothing. The ones that were working, won't work, new ones won't work. All this started to happen within minutes of the update.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation