cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Change printer region

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've moved from the UK to Kenya with an HP 3720 inkjet printer. I can no longer get instant ink cartridges here so purchased what I though were compatible cartridges. Having installed them, the printer says that they are incompatible.

After a little research I think it's because I need to change the printer region. The printer is out of warranty. I'm wondering if I can change the region FOC now the printer is out of warranty.

I'm sure I'm not the first to complain about this - why on earth do HP region code their printers? I can't see the point. If I bought a car in one country and imported it to another I would expect the fuel to work exactly the same - printer ink is the same regardless of location.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,361 29,083 5,043 11,496
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you may change the region as the ink cartridges are in warranty, due to the ink cartridges warranty.

have you purchased genuine HP 123 Black and Tri-Color cartridges?

Make sure these are in-warranty, the warranty end date is listed on the cartridge in a YYYYMMDD format:

123.png

Next, ensure you have the printer installed on a Windows PX or a Mac computer with the HP Software or the HP Smart app, then contact HP Support.

I suggest contacting via Facebook, be sure to clearly explain that you moved from another country and have in-warranty cartridges, please check below:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne...

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply

I contacted HP support on the phone and went through the process to change regions but i was told it was impossible because the UK ink cartridges are instant ink cartridges and because of this the printer is locked to the UK. 

Is this correct? Is there any way around this that you know of?

I'm quite disappointed if so as I've spent $35 on new cartridges only to find out they are next to useless. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation