Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!  

I am really hoping someone can help me figure this out! 

I have replaced all toner cartriges in this printer.  All are Geiune HP.   I do mostly black and white printing, so never noticed this issue until I tried printing in color.   I have cleaned and cailbrated the printer, reset the printer, I've tried everything I can think of, and have followed all of the online troubleshooting guides repeatedly. 

No matter what I do, colors are light and washed out.  

When I try to change print quality, I see the area to do so, but it is shaded and will not allow me to change this setting.  

What am I doing wrong, or what settings can I change?  This is an example in MS Word of the settings, and how the change is unavailable to me.  I do have administrator settings on my computer, so I have access to all settings, etc  

Is this my problem?   I don't know what else it could be?  As you can see, it's shaded and I cannot change anything  

Thank you for any help you might be able to give me, I've spent a lot of time trying to figuret this out.    I keep trying to post a screen shot of this, but that doesn't seem to be working.  

hp screenshot.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am trying tpo post a screen shot of this, but it's not showing up...??  hp screenshot.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.