Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8025 All-in-one, Product No. 1KR57A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 stopped printing all colors recently. Black continues to print OK. The cartridges were all installed at the same time and are indicated as having the same amount of remaining ink on the display. I am not getting any error messages and the Scan and Print Doctor indicates that every thing is OK. I deleted all HP programs and drivers and reinstalled them from the website with no success. I think the problem may have started when Windows 10 updated recently and while HP OfficeJet "8025e" is listed as a compatible model, my specific model is not. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bill4433 

Try here:

TKB article contributed by HP Expert  ShlomiL 

Symptoms:  No color options are shown under Printing Preferences when printing to a network-connected printer from a Windows 10 PC

Solution:  Download and Install this Doctor version:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Details: Windows10 - No Color option available when printing to a network connected printer

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer 

If the pop-up offers the "eprint" model, simply choose your model.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bill4433 

Try here:

TKB article contributed by HP Expert  ShlomiL 

Symptoms:  No color options are shown under Printing Preferences when printing to a network-connected printer from a Windows 10 PC

Solution:  Download and Install this Doctor version:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Details: Windows10 - No Color option available when printing to a network connected printer

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer 

If the pop-up offers the "eprint" model, simply choose your model.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomil, that did the trick.  Beats me why an older version of Doctor would work but it did.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the "doctor" suggested, and it just took me thru a stupid series of diagnostics, and told me I needed to clean my print heads, but when I clicked on that option, it just sat there.  Obviously, this is some kind of glitch where my computer and the print heads are not talking to each other.  Need to know how to fix this.  PS: I am soooooooooo sick of this printer, and I have only had it for six months.  Wish I could just get my money back and start over with another printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.