Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, I own a HP 5230, and I'm trying to use it to create very opaque stamp negatives, but having some trouble with it:

BACKGROUND

I've recently bought a resin stamp maker. If you're not familiar with the way these work: they shine UV light through a stencil (which you create), onto a resin pouch. This hardens the resin, creating a perfect imprint of the stencil, (you then wash away the liquid gel around it) - clever!

To create the stencil you have to print it onto a transparent sheet. You have to be able to set the print settings to the blackest, most opaque possible... any light coming through will harden the resin in places you dont want it to!

MY ISSUE

I've been experimenting with settings for a couple of days now, but I'm still able to see through the print when I hold it up to a light.

ALREADY TRIED

- set print in max DPI

- set print quality to best

- turned on and off HP real life technologies setting

- Tried printing on HP matte brochure professional paper, HP matte presentation paper, other matte inkjet printers

- Printed with black ink only

- printed in photo mode with black overlaid with color

MY QUESTION

Some forums I read suggest increasing the ink density, but I cant see any settings to achieve this... (am i already printing at full density with the MaxDPI setting?)

Is there any other methods to increase the print opaqueness here, or if I buy a different printer, what features should I look out for, for what I'm trying to achieve?

Any thoughts or additional ideas, greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.