Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just wondering when the Cyan 902xl cartridges are going to be back in the stores? Tired of printing in gray or black and white.  Any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @PatrioticLeo,

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region to purchase ink cartridges.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Just a follow-up.  I went to HP.com and purchased  a 902 four-pack.  All the 902xl's were out of stock but they did have the originals. I couldn't wait to load them as I had been printing in black and white for months.  Already had the black, but loaded the magenta, yellow and cyan.  And surprise...the cyan is bad, does not print.  This is the second bad cyan cartridge that I have received from HP.  My question to HP is, why are cartridges being sold that are still being recalled.  I assumed because they were for sale that everything was back to normal.  I have had HP printers, desktops and laptops for years, but I think that I need to try other brands.  

HP Recommended

Went to a store (won't name) and spoke to sales person.  Cyan 902xl was back on the shelf.  Had sold quite a few with no issues.  I put cartridge in printer and it showed that cartridge was full and accepted by printer.  Ran printer status report and Cyan would not print.  Tried troubleshooting and fixes, then printed again.  Cyan still does not print.  Tried to contact support online but it couldn't locate my information.  My printer is out of warranty so that could be the reason.  I am assuming that the printer is damaged by the initial Cyan fiasco.  I cannot spend more money on Cyan cartridges, so I will continue printing in black until I find a printer that I like and their support.  This originally was not a printer issue but a cartridge issue and I had asked what would happen if the cartridge damaged the printer, but received no answer to my question.  This is absolutely my last HP printer!

HP Recommended

@PatrioticLeo

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.