Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6968

This is the 2nd HP printer I have had where the cyan ink stopped printing. I ran clean printheads a few times with no luck.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my 6962 all in one. I recently replaced all the ink cartridges after almost 6 months of not being able to find any cyan ink. I then tried everything known to try to get it to print but to no avail. I just went and purchased the envy 6052 and will probably use the other one for black and white only.

HP Recommended

Same issues with mine and the 6978 that I have.  I put in a NEW  cartridge today in the 6978  and have fought all day trying to get the blue to work  and now it says it is low on ink. AGAIN, I think I'm going to look for a different company. This issue while running a business is irritating . 

HP Recommended

HP Office Jet Pro 6978 and 6968.

All programs up to date. Cyan will not print most of the time or I waste 2 cartridges trying to get it to print. 

They are both just over a year old. 

HP Recommended

Good to know because I was considering buying  6978 to replace my 6968. I did find out from local Staples store HP is having problems with ink cartridges. They replaced mine at no charge the other day, but they're already showing low. All I've done since replacing them is clean printheads!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback. I was considering replacing 6968 with 6978 but will now consider another manufacturer.

HP Recommended

I was advised by local Staples store employee HP has been having problems with ink cartridges. They replaced mine for free and said will send to HP, but new cartridges already showing low ink!

HP Recommended

The one that I bought prints all colors perfectly. The 6000 series that is. I think it has something to do with the 902 cartridges.

HP Recommended

Ya. I contacted HP in March because of issues with the 6978 saying that the new cartridges were incompatible and the print head kept clogging  and I went through a standard and a XL cyan in less than a month. Today I use up almost the whole cyan cartridge (Just open this morning) and the other 3 that were half full are almost gone too with just trying to get the print head for cyan to work. It's just flushing money down the hole. 

HP Recommended

My previous HP used the 902. Something broke in it and There wasn't another  one available near me at the time and with a business I needed it now. Now I think I'd have been better waiting.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.