Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My cyan ink is coming out all streaked. Terribly so in that it is probably only printing 25% or less of the lines. These are the things I've tried thus far with no improvements to the quality:

- Removed and reinstalled every cartridge (several times)

- Replaced the cartridge with a brand new one (the old one still had plenty of ink in it though)

- Followed the hard reset instructions listed here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/Cyan-color-not-printing/td-...

- Attempted making copies instead of printing from the computer

- Attempted to clean the cartridge per HP instructions

- Ran through all three printhead cleaning steps (several times I might add)

- Ran through the printhead alignment steps

- Using HP cartridges

I will add that there has been no changes to my computer OR the printer in terms of updates, software, etc. The printer just started printing bad. 

What do I try next or is this printer just broken now suddenly?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kalarius, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Color or Black Ink is Not Printing and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It "could be" a hardware issue? That pretty much means this printer is now worthless as repairs cost more than brand new printers. 

So are there any other avenues to check before I have to throw this printer out? And if I do,  do you know where I can recycle it?

HP Recommended

Can you post a sample?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

You can see the cyan is all streaked. This is after the clean printhead routine.20210222_133718.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello? HP? Anyone?

HP Recommended

@kalarius, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the print quality with cyan is not good. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Fixing Print Quality Problems, and the issue persists after replacing the ink cartridge, I'm afraid the printhead has gone bad.

However, I'd not suggest replacing the printhead as it may or may not help. And, a printhead will cost anywhere as much as a new printer.

If the printer is under warranty, please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service/replacement options. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.