Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Ink Cartridge 902

I put in a new HP 902 Cyan cartridge and my HP printer said it was defective and gave a prompt to go to www.hp.com/contactHP and request a replacement. This didn't take me anywhere. How can I get a new replacement? I purchased from Office Depot and they said they've been having issues and don't have any replacements and directed me here. Please help. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The error message indeed indicates your cartridge needs to be replaced, and the link you posted is the correct link. On that page you should see a purple box referring to the Defective error message. That link allows you to verify your cartridge details for the ink replacement. If you come across issues during this process, we need to look for an alternative.

HP Recommended

@CoopQuestion 

Here is what we have to offer...

HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

This document applies only to these HP Officejet and Officejet Pro printers that use HP 910, 912, 914, 915, 902-905, or HP 935 ink cartridges:

• HP Officejet 6810, 6820, 6950, 6960, and 8010 printer series
  • HP OfficeJet Pro 6230, 6830, 6960, 6970, 8020, and 8030 printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.