Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a replacement ink cartridge for my HP Envy and it is defective (black ink number 65).  The printer worked fine with the previous ink cartridge until it was empty.  The replacement ink cartridge did not work correctly; it randomly printed blocks of black and didn't print other areas on each page.  After trying everything that was recommended by the online support advisor, I switched out the defective cartridge with a new one and now my printer is printing perfectly again.  How do I get a replacement?  I'm not part of the the Ink subscription program.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Airwarrior213, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The printer ink cartridge can be replaced under warranty.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the replacement options.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, but that is not helpful at all.  If you go to that page, that is the page for printers, computers and software.  Not ink cartridges.  All it does is tell me my printer itself is out of warranty, but does not help at all with ink cartridges.  With a lot of internet searching and looking at the ink packaging, I found the website hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies which is the site for hp supplies such as ink cartridges.  However when I go through the warranty information which is very informative until you get the end, it tells you "If a problem with an HP Inkjet product occurs, visit the retailer, call the regional customer support phone number listed on the product insert, or click Contact HP on this page for more support options."  2 of these 3 options are non-existent since nothing from HP contains any phone numbers on any of the packaging, and the Contact HP link takes you back to the page you mentioned.  Which leaves me with only the retailer, who I don't believe is responsible for a defective hp cartridge from the manufacturer.  I think it is a grievously breach of customer service to not provide any way for a customer to contact someone from support like a phone number or a chat system.  In fact, the only reference to a customer support phone number on the internet I could find was on a site named "pissedconsumer.com" which tells me a lot.  When I have to  

HP Recommended

@Airwarrior213

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.