Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4645 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I have had the deskjet ink advantage in storage and recently reconnected it. I tried printing and nothing appeared on the printout. I ordered new ink on amazon as i could not find it on HP website. The ink cartridge needed is 662 for product B4L10A which NOTHING comes up on HP website. Amazon did have the ink 662XL. I installed it and the printer says to replace ink. I ordered another set of color and black and got the same error message. What should i do besides throw the whole thing in the garbage?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Santoii, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, are you in the US? This printer is not for sale in the US. 

Where was the printer bought?

This model printer uses HP 662 ink cartridges in the Latin American region only. For now, you may try these steps:

Check if the ink cartridges are properly inserted in the printer, you may refer to - Replace HP inkjet printer cartridges

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Ink cartridge error

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought the printer in Costa Rica where it is located now. I did buy the ink on Amazon and brought it to Costa Rica but it did not work. I’ve contacted HP Costa Rica to see where I can buy the ink and they never replied. The printer is still in the original box and it’s a shame to throw it away. 

HP Recommended

@Santoii

If you have tried the steps mentioned in the previous post and the issue persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.