cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Deskjet F4480 not aligned even after trying many things

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just put two brand new Genuine HP cartridges (black and color) in my Deskjet F4480. I've done the alignment print & scan about 10 times, cleaned the print cartridges, took the cartridges out and cleaned them myself with a wet cotton swab, uninstalled and re-installed the printer, and unplugged the printer from the wall. No matter what I do, the black and color cartridges are not aligned. Help! 

I've been looking through forum posts and it seems like this is a problem that has happened to others as well, but I can't find a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 2
20 17 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It happened to me with 60 (Photosmart C4680 and 901 Officejet C4550) inks.  My quick solution is to buy expired ink on Ebay  from 2019 or a little older, worked well.   Please see:  Ink-not-aligning-for-smaller-text .   I believe there is a manufacturing problem in Malaysia for the new ink.

Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice! That does seem like it might be the problem. It's my mom's printer and I'm not sure if she's willing to go to the trouble of buying expired ink, but I will recommend it to her!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation