Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 5055 was working fine, then it started printing blank pages from both PC and mobile devices.. Scan Doctor says all is OK.

test1.JPG
Makes printing noises, but pages are blank. Scan Doctor Test Page was blank. Ink was low so I changed it - still blank pages. I turned Envy off, then on - blank pages. I unplugged and re-plugged - blank pages. Envy hard re-set - blank pages. PC off, then on - blank pages.
I found a possible solution online- root uninstall and reinstall. First page printed only partway, see below. (this is a certificate with continual border on all 4 sides and much of the lettering is missing) When I changed printer setting to black & white (I do not use color) - it became blank pages again.

Scan.jpg
Next, I set up the wireless connection and test page printed, but it was missing both top and bottom print, only the center part printed correctly - after that, blank pages again.

Machine can scan and save to either .pdf or ,jpg, but it makes blank copies as well.
Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CarolW, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the printer is printing blank pages. According to the information you provided, this seems like a hardware issue. Reinstalling the printer driver will not help.

Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that prints fine. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Clean the ink cartridges up to 2 times and print a print quality report as shown in this document - No black ink, wrong colors, other print quality issues

You may insert one ink cartridge at a time and try printing/copying to identify the defective ink cartridge.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please add to response to advise of "next steps" if the copies come out blank as well.

Cartridge ink levels are full, and no errors noted.

HP Recommended

@dree711

If the copies are also blank, it means this is a hardware issue either with the ink cartridges or the printer itself.

To identify the defective ink cartridge, insert one ink cartridge at a time and make a copy to check the result. You may use any alternate ink cartridges if available. By this, we can conclude the issue.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.