Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I've got an Envy Pro 6432 that will not accept the printer code. Says printer code not accepted. I have tried putting i a fresh code several times now with the same results and am fast disappearing under all the sheets printed off for the code. I contacted HP and after printing off even more sheets for the code it still does not work. I don't think that the person I was talking to hadn't got  a clue and I lost the will to live after being put on hold for ages. I had a call from HP whilst I was at the shops today and was told that they would call me back tomorrow and had sent me an email. Checked my email accounts and all I could find is its recycling day from them. What use is that? If this can not be resolved easily this will be the last HP product I buy this is beyond a joke. Can anyone please help. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kimbo5

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the settings on the Printer: To restore the printer to the original factory defaults 1. Lift the cartridge access door to expose the cartridge area. 2. While the cartridge access door is open, press and hold (the Power button) and Wireless button on the back of the printer for three seconds.

Once done, try setting up the web services and get the claim code.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.