Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
60xl ink cartridge

Your 60 xl ink cartridge packaging says it is compatible with the hp deskjet 2545 printer and it is not.  The 61 package does not list the 2545 printer.  Apparently I need the 61 ink.  I will be returning this.  Please fix your packaging as I’m out time, money and my kids can’t print their homework.  I’m hoping you will send me the right ink.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dpj1 

Unfortunate, though I don't understand what happened.

The Black 60XL ink cartridge - available at the HP Store lists the compatible printers.

There is no way to see the actual package.

Compatible Printers
HP Photosmart C4780 (Q8380A#ABA) ; HP Photosmart C4795 (Q8382A#ABA) ; HP Deskjet F4280 (CB656A#B1H) ; HP Deskjet D2560 (CB671A#B1H) ; HP Deskjet D2545 (CB672A#1H5) ; HP Single Monitor Arm (BT861AA) ; HP Deskjet D2660 (CH366A#B1H) ; HP Deskjet D1660 (CB770A#B1H) ; HP Photosmart - D110a (CN731A#B1H) ; HP Deskjet D2530 (CB673A#B1H) ; HP Deskjet D2680 (CH396A#B1H)

The proffered cartridge is compatible with the similar sounding model HP Deskjet D2545 (CB672A#1H5) 

If you found otherwise,
If you purchased the ink from HP,
HP Store will want to hear about this.

Contact Store Customer Service.

New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service - Examples

Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Returns and cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

OR

Select a subject type

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in @Dragon-Fur.

@Dpj1- Indeed, the packaging lists D2545 as a supported cartridge, not a Deskjet 2545 printer, which is a different printer model.

I am a bit confused about your exact printer model, as there is no HP Deskjet 2545 model, but only Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 model, which is not sold in the United States.

Could you please clarify your exact printer Product number?

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c03770424

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

No worries.

Customer may not return, after all.

At the least, I provided the obvious answer - if the packaging matches the information at the Store, the packaging is referring to the D2545) - yes, a different printer. 

What happened?  This might have been a result of reading tiny print.  ??

True, I did not challenge customer on knowing the printer model. 

If the customer enters any correct information at the HP Store, I would hope the correct information would be displayed.

The claim of "false" needs to be addressed - perhaps customer will return and explain.

If the issue turns out to be "something", I will send it in for review.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.