Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 6960

HP Ink communication is *bleep*.  Having notified me that they had sent out faulty cyan cartridge, they sent a replacement.  The replacement is equally bad so the printing is awful with all the cyan cartridges I have.  But how do you complain.  The on line help system is not geared to a simple message ie send more replacement cyan cartridges!!!!  The Whatapp system is not read by humans so they don't understand words. Help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FrustratedHC, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Do you get any errors while using the replacement ink cartridges or is the print quality bad?

To resolve print quality issues, kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Check the ink levels, clean the printhead up to 2 times, and print a quality report.

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't get an error message from the printer.  The printing of anything blue is awful.  When I try and replace the cartridge with a used but still good cartridge  from my husband's printer (also HP) it says the cartridge is missing so I put back the faulty one.  

This is so annoying.

HP Recommended

@FrustratedHC

There is an issue with the new lot of Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges for this model printer and they were recalled. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and the Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge or to check its availability. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Also, check if the printer/ink cartridges are eligible for a replacement. Refer to -  'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.