Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw
I need assistance getting tech support for my 179FNW please. It was purchased in April last year, so it is still currently under warranty. 

I have not made too much prints with it so far, probably under 100 pages. However I am already experience ghosting on my printouts. 

I have tried calling up your support number, 62725300, but all I got was a text msg directing me to hp.com/callme, which does not have a “call me request” as the text message suggested, and it is just trying to redirect me to get answers from the community. I seem to be stuck just trying to get around the answering machine without getting to speak to an actual tech support person, which seems very poor management on HP side for a product that is actually under warranty. 

I also tried calling the sales hotline where the sales guy Ram asked me to email in and he would redirect to tech support, but its been 3 weeks and I have not heard back from him as well. Is there anyone that can assist me?
DSummon
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Summon,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing issues with Print quality. I'd like to help!

Please follow the steps mentioned below.

Step 1: Check the paper

The quality and type of paper can affect the print job. Follow these guidelines to make sure the paper is appropriate. If it is not, load an appropriate paper type.

Use paper designed for HP Laser printers. Do not use paper designed only for inkjet printers.

Do not use paper that is too rough. Smoother paper might result in better print quality.

After loading appropriate paper in the tray, print another page. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Check the toner level

Low toner levels might cause print quality problems, such as faded print.

NOTE:

The toner supply level and the percentage of toner cartridge life remaining provide estimates for planning purposes only. When the toner level is low, consider having a replacement toner cartridge available. You do not need to replace toner cartridges until the print quality becomes unacceptable.

Check the estimated toner remaining. For more information, go to How to Check Ink or Toner Levels.

If the toner cartridge is not low, skip to Check print settings.

If the toner cartridge is low, continue to the next step to replace the toner cartridge.

Step 3: Replace a low or empty toner cartridge

If a toner cartridge is critically low or empty, replace it.

To find your cartridge number and to purchase ink or toner supplies, go to HP Store or a local retailer. Make sure you are using the correct genuine HP ink or toner supplies for your printer. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP cartridges or refilled HP cartridges. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage (in English).

Open the toner cartridge access door.

Opening the toner cartridge access door.

Grasp each side of a toner cartridge, and then pull out the toner cartridge to remove it.

Removing the toner cartridge from the inside of the printer.

Remove a new toner cartridge from its package, and then recycle the packing materials.

Removing the toner cartridge packaging.

Lift the cover, and then pull out the cover until you remove all the sealing tape from the toner cartridge.

Toner cartridge cover

Sealing tape

Align the new toner cartridge with the tracks inside the printer, and then push in the toner cartridge until it is firmly seated.

Inserting the new toner cartridge into the printer.

Repeat these steps to install any other low or empty toner cartridges.

Close the toner cartridge access door.

Closing the toner cartridge access door.

Print another page. If replacing the toner cartridge did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step. Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.