Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I needed to replace all the ink in my HP 6830 and did my regular installation of 3 new color and one xl black.  

I went to print a text document and the black will not print.  If I print something in red or blue or yellow it will print.  But not the black.  I did a printhead alignment, cleaning, bought a new black cartridge, removed the software, installed the software again, unplugged the machine and held down the power button for 15 seconds and restarted, and everything that HP recommended after talking with a tech online.

Still no black printing at all.

Not sure what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Carolyn Kamuda

[Personal Information Removed]

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @CarolynKamuda,

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon . The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Reports, and then touch Reports.

4. Touch Print Quality Report. The printer prints the report.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I did all reports.

Print Quality, after cleaning and after alignment.  I have removed the software and reinstalled.  I also put in a new black ink cartridge thinking the one I had just installed was defective.  New cartridge did the same thing.

Scan0001.jpgScan0002.jpgScan0003.jpg

HP Recommended

Also, it will not copy anything in Black and White.

HP Recommended

Seems like the printhead issue, I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region regarding service options for your printer.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.