Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer
iOS

I'm not instant ink member - 

My printer confirms the 952 is hp, which also says 952XL & 952 can be used in my printer.  However, it says it's not allowed as its outdated & supposed to be one time use (something like that).  Bottom line, I have 3 never been used 952 cartridges in yellow, cyan & magenta that won't allow my printer to print.  I also cannot get any way in which to contact HP for assistance.  Frustrated with expensive hp ink & can't use even though my printer says it should be able to.  Any suggestions to by-pass this problem is greatly appreciated.

Also, constantly battling my printer not detecting my wireless so can't print without restarting/unplugging the printer all the time; & it's getting old.  I use Apple products & hp evidently doesn't support it anymore.  I bought my printer in 2017 so frustrated for more than 6 months of this aspect, too.  Any help on how to get rid of this issue as seems since I downloaded the hp smart app.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@8h7p1up0set

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.