cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP DeskJet Pro 6978 Printer - Out of Warranty - No HP 902 color Inks on Amazon - Cartridges Recalled

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Pro 6978 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community, I tried to solve this myself - Found similar with Agent name Riddle... if no longer under warranty said to send a private note. Sent this private note only for Agent Jay... to tell me to post to Community. Here is my note to Riddle:

HP DeskJet Pro 6978 Printer - Out of Warranty - No HP 902 color Inks on Amazon - Cartridges Recalled - NO Update on progress or options.

Dear Riddle,
First blank ink wouldn't print. I replaced with new cartridge and still didn't print. I hardly ever open up any computer device other than a paper jam or change cartridge. I always had the fear the computer magic genie would get out. But after a few You Tubes and a spray can of QD Electronic Cleaner and half a roll of paper towels the black ink works and the magic still remains. Then I headed to Amazon for HP 902 color cartridges and none available - knew something was up. Anyway, one day I ended up here at HP support but with no-warranty on device, I lost my momentum since there was no advice to review. So I Googled again today and found you. (Riddle...)

First Set Questions - Can I still safely use the scanner without damaging the printer - two colors show almost empty - will not print just scan.

Second Set Questions - While searching for paperwork, I was forced to clean up my office and I found some unopened HP 902 color and XL black cartridges. How do I identify if they are safe to use? (Bought at Amazon - real HP) Color Pack - 89894 99946 - Aug 2020, Dec 2021, May 2022, Black XL =89894 98283 = Jun 2022 Malaysia - Are there refunds for bad cartridges unopened?

Third Set Questions - So what is the short-term and long term advice? When will replacement ink become available short term? Is there a chance HP 902 ink will simply be discontinued (my all-in-one is out of warranty) If 902 is down the tubes... I will ask my final question (earning your keep today, huh?)

Fourth Set Questions - Please suggest a current model for all-in-one printer, scanner, WIFI enabled, FAX for high use home office with high-quality Photo prints. If any come with a slide scanner option add those to the list, too, please. If no add-on slide scanner please recommend an HP slide scanner that connects to win 10. I have about 10 slide reels to scan.

Thank you Riddle, so much.

If you can help me with all this, please also include your Boss' contact info because you will deserve an excellent service review!

Please help, Tam

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation