Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, 

after changing my tri colour cartridge the printer does't print colour anymore. The ink cartridge is brand new and I performed serveral ink cleanings. Colour copying is possible, color printing is not. The latest drivers and software are installed.  Does anyone have suggestions to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you are able to make color copies from it, then its a software problem. And i have a solution for that coz it works on my [content removed] . Try these steps  but you need to print the network configuration page to get the IP address of the Printer. Because it will be required at the time of setup.

• Firstly Delete or Remove HP 2540 Printer from Devices.
  • Now Uninstall HP 2540 printer drivers completely from the control panel of your Windows 10 computer.
  • Next Open Run Command by pressing “Windows Key + R“.
  • Type printui.exe /s in the Run box and click OK.
  • A new window pops up and selects the Drivers tab to open it.
  • Under Drivers, if you find any HP Printer drivers please Delete them and press OK.
  • Now again go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer.
  • New windows pop up Choose a device or Printer under that Click on “The printer I want isn’t listed“.
  • Choose to Add a printer using a TCP/IP address.
  • Enter the IP Address of your HP 2540 Printer here (like 192.168.0.5 or 10.0.0.45) and hit Next.
  • It will install the HP 2540 printer with basic drivers which will help you to print in color also.
  • Try printing in color with HP Deskjet 2540 printer.

Please share with other people to fix this issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you, JEmily44. This was the solution for my problem. The printer works nearly fine after applying your suggestions. 

One further question: The printer prints colour now, but I couldn't calibrate the ink heads so far, because the calibration page doesn't contain the cyan/blue colour, which is necessary for calibrating. Surprisingly all colours at the Print Quality Diagnostic Report page are correctly printed. I don't know where this comes from and how to solve this problem. Seems also like another software problem.... do you or anyone other have a hint for this ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.