Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I purchased a brand new printer to use in my home office after moving home, by the time I came to set it up it was out of warranty and on setup I now get Cartridge Problems. I have never been able to print even one piece of paper. I have the setup cartridges and have purchased a further two sets of new cartridges and they still don't work.

I have tried everything in the printer support document and it still doesn't work. How can I reset this printer and get it going please.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Baffy

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

How long has it been since the cartridges have not been used?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty the original setup cartridges came with the printer so they would have been the same age, but I purchased a new set when I set it up. They didn't work so suspecting a faulty set purchased another set they also wouldn't work so i now have the two setup cartridges and two sets of new full size cartridges.

HP Recommended

If you've already tried so many cartridges, this could be a hardware issue. I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding it.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.