cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP ENVY Photo 6230 left in box, out of warranty. On setup shows Cartridge Problem

HP Recommended

I purchased a brand new printer to use in my home office after moving home, by the time I came to set it up it was out of warranty and on setup I now get Cartridge Problems. I have never been able to print even one piece of paper. I have the setup cartridges and have purchased a further two sets of new cartridges and they still don't work.

I have tried everything in the printer support document and it still doesn't work. How can I reset this printer and get it going please.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,700 11,686 646 482
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Baffy

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

How long has it been since the cartridges have not been used?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,700 11,686 646 482
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help.

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Betty the original setup cartridges came with the printer so they would have been the same age, but I purchased a new set when I set it up. They didn't work so suspecting a faulty set purchased another set they also wouldn't work so i now have the two setup cartridges and two sets of new full size cartridges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,700 11,686 646 482
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you've already tried so many cartridges, this could be a hardware issue. I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding it.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation