Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7855
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Black ink cartridge was low - replaced with HP cartridge. Wouldn't print. Cleaned, aligned several times, still won't print right. Replaced color cartridge too. Alignment unsuccessful, black barely prints on print quality report. Tried to find instructions for replacing printheads, but can't find them.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DSapp1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the print quality is not satisfactory. The printhead is integrated on the ink cartridge for this model printer. 

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Check the ink levels, clean the printhead(2 levels of cleaning) and print a print quality page to check the result.

If the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. It actually turned out to be a defective cartridge. I thought because it was brand new and came out of a package of two and the first one had been fine, that it must be something else. But I bought a new cartridge and everything is working fine now.

Thanks again for responding.

HP Recommended

@DSapp1

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products. You may still contact the HP Support team to get a replacement ink cartridge for the defective one.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.