Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 7740
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Today I paid $200 for a full set of cartridges for my HP printer.  That price, just a little less than I paid for the printer that came with ink, is now completely unaffordable.  HP has made the cartridges so that they can not be refilled AND I can't even scan when I am out of ink.  

Been an HP user for over 20 years, but for my next printer, I will not consider a printer that is not economical nor one that needlessly harms the planet.  Seriously HP, this is a problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you are in the US and paid $200 for a set of cartridges for the Officejet Pro 7740 you are probably paying too much.  The 4 pack with a 952XL (large size) Black and 952 regular size Cyan, Magenta and Yellow cartridges is $115.98 at HP with free shipping.  Even if you bought XL sizes for all the cartridges the cost would be $154.96 with free shipping.

As for needlessly harming the planet, HP has a very extensive recycling program and offers prepaid envelopes to recycle spent cartridges.  

recycle.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.