Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 enrolled in the Instant Ink program.  I was prompted to install a new black ink cartridge, so I did. Then I got a message confirming that I had done it properly (title:  "HP Instant Ink Cartridge", text: "Thank you for installing your HP instant ink cartridge(s).  Don't forget to recycle...").  The problem is that this message will not go away.  There is an "OK" button at the bottom of the screen.  When I press it, it briefly changes color to acknowledge that it sees I pressed it, but the message stays.  I turned off my printer and turned it back on and the message is still there.  I unplugged the printer and turned it back on and the message is still there.

Because the message won't go away, all of the features (like making a copy) that require me to interact with the printer's screen absolutely won't work.  Any thoughts on how to make this go away?

Looking forward to the day my free Instant Ink trial subscription expires and I can be done with it...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also have exactly the same problem since I installed my replacement black cartridge from Instant Ink 1-2 weeks ago (same printer).

It can't be a firmware update issue because I have MANHTNPP1N002.2135A.00 (Built Date 2021-08-23) installed.

Pretty annoying...

HP Recommended

I figured out a way around based upon something I read in another post.  I am a Mac user.  When I installed the HP scanner software it also installed something called HP Smart in the Applications folder.  If you open this application and go to Printer Settings, you will see the same message that shows up on the printer.  The difference is that the OK button in the application actually works, and when you click on it the message also disappears from the printer.  I will restrain myself from further comments on HP software quality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.