Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello

We had to replace our printer head because of the "the printhead appears to be missing not detected or incorrectly installed" message so we've bought a new printer head replacement, for the same exact model.

Now we are getting the "New, unused cartridges must be used for startup." message

We tried using our old SETUP cartridges but it recognize them as used ones.

I saw that the issue was raised multiple times and the resolution was given in private message by HP representative.

Can anyone reach our to us with some support?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

A new Printhead must be initialized with new, unused print cartridges.

You would need to use new cartridges to initiate it, later when the ink depletes you would be able to use your previously used ink cartridges.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi

Thank you for your response.

We have cartridges which are almost full and it doesn't make sense purchasing new cartridges just because of a malfunctioning printhead. There must be a way using our current cartridges without purchasing new packages.

Also - its almost impossible finding those (SETUP ones) in stores.

We can compromise on printing quality, but we should resolve the issue ASAP.

I assume that there is a technician interface that will allow us to overcome this notification.

Please help us finding it.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I would highly appreciate some help from HP customer / technical support

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.