cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
8 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Photosmart b8500 Printed Page Color Issue

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart B8500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have changed paper type, graphics and printer profiles in an attempt to get a normal print. All my prints are slightly orange, as though tinted. I am unable to get a color print that looks like the image I see in Photoshop. As a test in Photoshop I will change the color balance to bluish - and with the B8500 again the print is orange casted. Because of this issue I then resort to using my Brother laser printer. The print colors from the Brother are exactly what I view in Photoshop. 

I want to use the b8500  to print large format color prints. 

How do I configure the Photosmart B8500 so that I have a useful print profile that will print color balanced prints?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,999 23,889 1,319 1,404
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@parvardigar1

Welcome to the HP support community.

Print an extended self-test page

1. Make sure that letter, A4, or legal size, unused, plain, white paper is loaded into the main input tray.

2. On the product control panel, press and hold the Cancel () button, and then press the up arrow ().

3. Press the Print Photos button () twice, and then press the red eye removal button () once.

4. Press the right arrow twice () and then press OK to select Special Reports.

5. Press the right arrow once () and then press OK to print the Extended Self Test.

If that prints fine, try the below steps:-

Select higher print quality settings

1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.

2. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.

NOTE: 

Depending on the software program, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

3. Click the Printing Shortcuts tab.

Consider modifying some or all of the options in the Printing Shortcuts menu to increase print quality.

• Print Quality: Select a high print quality setting, such as Best or Maximum dpi.

• Paper type: If one of the options matches the paper type loaded in the product exactly, select it instead of Automatic.

• Paper size: Make sure that the selected paper size matches the paper loaded in the product.

4. To see additional options, click the Advanced tab. Consider changing the following option:

Ink Volume: Click the drop-down menu and select Change. Click the Change button that appears and then adjust the amount of ink that prints on a page. For lighter images (less ink), drag the slider to the left. For darker images (more ink), drag the slider to the right. The less the ink volume, the more quickly the printout dries.

5. Click OK.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation