cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
KIKUSIKO
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP cartridge scam

HP Recommended
HP DESKJET 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello fellow friends!

So I need to share this cuz I am going mad about this.... Why do we have to buy new Ink cartridges from HP everytime the old one gets used? In my case, I refilled mine today. Printed some pages, everything was fine. That same evening the printer got streaks in the prints. So I tried to "clean the printhead" through hp smart print. And it showed me that there was a "Cartridge error"... I googled many things and did not find ANYTHING! And now listen, or perhaps read this....

Just out of curiosity I reset the printer and to my surprise it printer a TEST PAGE ! And it was flawless! So I was happy that the cartridge with the "cartridge error" worked. But on the other side, when I tried printing normal stuff, the cartridge problem was back...  I am a student and In my country, HP supplies does not work... Trust me, If it did, I would be using hella out of it... I want to ask the community, Is there a way to bypass this problem? I tried disabling some stuff in the settings, even in the emmbeded server. But I get no luck out of it... I am a fan of HP (Printer, Laptop, Scanner....) and I had only good experience with HP until now... 

Anyways thanks for the help 😄 

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,992 18,994 1,353 1,563
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KIKUSIKO, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. However, HP does not recommend the use of non-HP or refilled ink cartridges. It may or may not work. HP cannot guarantee its functionality. It can also damage the print mechanism.

To resolve the issue, I suggest you use HP ink cartridges. You may buy it online at Hp Store or at a local shop.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation