cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP02 Magenta cartridge prints purplish and lighter than Light Magenta Cartridge in Self-Test

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D7300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out of the blue, my HP Photosmart D7300 printer is printing images with a green tint - which I suspect is because one of the colors is not printing correctly.  The Extended Self Test Diagnostic gives no obvious indication of errors except that the color samples show the Magenta test bar is lighter in color than the Light Magenta test bar -- and is light purple (obviously not Magenta and consistent with the color sample on the cartridge or printer).    I have tried all the obvious -- purchased and replaced the cartridge, aligned the print heads, cleaned the print heads.  Not sure what else to try at this point.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,250 15,228 1,196 1,195
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ralph_H, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Wrong Colors are Printed and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank-you for taking the time to respond.  As you indicated, the link listed all the things I had already mentioned in the original post as having been tried.  I have no choice but to conclude that something went bad electronically.  The unit was purchased in 2007 - so is 13 years old.  Servicing it is probably not a practical option since a new printer would cost less.  Unfortunately, that means taking a loss on my stock of ink cartridges that will not work in a new unit.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation