Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP150NW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new printer thats less than 2 week old, I am getting a very poor colour match on blues. 

I needed to replace toners today after printing less than 100 pages as it was obvious the toner was low despite the percentage showing over 60%, this fixed the streakyness but the colour issue is still there?

The blues are printing far too light, which is a huge problem for me

Since changing the toner I have printed just 4 pages, and the toner level has apparently dropped to 90% this is not good enough at that rate I will get 40pages from a toner cartridge, this makes it extremely expensive.

I have tried converting to cmky and it makes no difference, it isnt just a small difference, I have printed to my Envy 4500 and the colour is precise the issue only occurs on the 150nw 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @icy75,

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I have tried using Design space and photoshop and the result is the same, however by far the biggest issue is the speed  at which the toner is going down, this is not a cost effective printer

HP Recommended

Actual yield varies considerably based on factors such as the content of printed pages, typical printer job size, the environmental conditions during operation and the amount of color printing relative to monochrome printing. For more information see How toner is used.

You may also refer to -https://www8.hp.com/h71041/learn-about-supplies/in/en/toner.html

Hope this helps, keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I understand that, but 4 pages using 10% is ridiculous, at that rate a £40 toner will print 40 pages.

Not acceptable

HP Recommended

We could change the print quality mode to draft as this mode consumes less ink.

Launch the HP print driver window from common Windows applications and learn how to navigate the different tabs and menus.

1. Open the document or photo on your computer, click File or the menu icon , then click Print.

Print or Print Pictures window or pane opens with general print job settings, including the menu to select the printer you want to print to.

2. Open Document Properties or Printing Preferences from the main print window or pane to access the HP print driver settings. The button or link name varies depending on the app you are printing from.

• Microsoft Word: Click Printer Properties

• Paint and WordPad: Click Preferences

• Windows Photo Viewer: Click Options... in the lower right corner of the screen, then click Printer Properties... in the Print Settings window

• Adobe PDF Reader: Click Properties

3. To view the different settings, click the tabs along the top of the window. To access more settings, click the Advanced button that is often located on the Layout tab.

Figure : Example of a printer Document Properties window

HP Document Properties window with settings tabs and the Advanced settings button
  4. If a Printing Shortcut tab is available, click it to use shortcuts that already have essential settings already selected for common print job types. You may also create your own custom shortcut for future print jobs.

5. Quality Settings or Media menu on the Paper/Quality tab

Print in Max DPI or Output Quality menus are available on the Advanced tab or in the Advanced Options

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.