Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Replaced HP61 Black cartridge and the alignment page that came out looked a little off but when scanned, the printer was ok with it but subsequent printed pages had white/blank lines throughout the paper. Tried using HP Print/Scan Doctor which was useless as the test pages printed were solid black with pale lines throughout and did not match the example (color blocks) page. Tried cleaning and re-aligning printheads twice with no better results; tried virtual chat help but it didn't understand the problem... then ran HP Doctor again. Still blank lines. 

Finally, removed the new Black ink cartridge and tried printing with just the tri-color cartridge....PERFECTLY printed page with no blank lines. Wasted so much black ink trying to resolve the problem....

it turns out the HP ink cartridge is the problem! 

Should I forget about HP black ink and just use the color to print black?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@be2533

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You could either return/replace it to the store/website you purchased it from or contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.