Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 110
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every time I print, each line comes out incomplete both in width and length. I’ve tried running diagnostics, cleaning, alignment, troubleshooting tips from the forum - everything. Most recently, I tried to print a return label (pdf from my computer)  in black and white and it came out blue. I have photos of what I am getting from all of these things but cannot attach. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alexneedshelp1

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the area around the ink nozzles

1. Gather the following materials:

• Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that will not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

• Clean sheets of paper

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the print cartridges)

CAUTION: 

Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the area. These can damage the cartridge or the product.

2. Press the Power button () to turn on the product, if it is not already on.

3. Open the access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.

Figure : Open the access door

Image: Open the acces door.
  4. Lift the lid on the cartridge slot to release the cartridge, and then pull the cartridge out of the slot to remove it.

Figure : Lift the lid on the cartridge slot and remove the cartridge

Image: Lifting the lid on the cartridge slot to remove the cartridge
       CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

5. Place the cartridge on a piece of paper with the ink nozzles facing up.

6. Lightly moisten a clean, foam-rubber swab with distilled water.

7. Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the swab.

CAUTION: 

Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.

Figure : Clean the area around the ink nozzle

Image: The ink nozzle and cartridge contacts

Nozzle plate - DO NOT CLEAN
    2. Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean

3. Cartridge contacts - DO NOT CLEAN

8. Either let the cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.

9. Hold the cartridge at a slight upward angle with the cartridge contacts facing the rear of the product, and then slide the cartridge into the empty slot.

Figure : Reinstall the cartridge

Image: Reinstall the cartridge
  10. Close the lid on the cartridge slot to secure the cartridge into place.

Figure : Close the lid on the cartridge slot

Image: Close the lid on the cartridge slot
  11. Repeat these steps to clean the area surrounding the ink nozzle on the other cartridge.

12. Close the access door.

Figure : Close the access door

Image: Close the access door
  13. Try printing again.

You can refer this HP support document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.