Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
iMAC 2009
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I brought a Photosmart 6520 in England & Used HP364 ink cartridges there. Now I am living in CA & it looks like I should be using HP564s. Can anyone confirm these will work in the 6520, before I spend a bunch of money on ink, in case the 564's won't work in my printer? I would use 364's but you can't buy them over here apparently. So I'm wondering if English 364 = US 564.  Any help/advise appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of HP 564 cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete the original region HP 364 cartridges will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of HP 564 cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete the original region HP 364 cartridges will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Dear Bob - Thank you so much for your insight! Really appreciate it! I have ordered a set of 564 cartridges so when they arrive I will do as you suggest. I'm so glad there is a potential fix as the printer is great & I didn't really want to have to get rid of it. Best wishes, Wendy

HP Recommended

I am glad I could help.  You should leave the HP 364 cartridges in the printer until the reset is done.  Do not leave the printer without all the cartridges installed and only turn the printer off from its switch.  This is to prevent drying out the printhead.

If you have any issues getting the regionalization reset done please post back here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thanks again Bob! It worked like a dream! Took a while to get through to the right person at HP but when I did he was super useful! It took about an hour to do the reset but it's great now! He was initially going to charge me but we negotiated & he very kindly did the reset gratis! He was actually keen to try it as he had never done one before (I guess they're not that common). BW, Wendy

HP Recommended

I am glad you got the issue resolved, sorry it was a bit of an ordeal. 

For others that may have this issue:  there should not be any charge for the regionalization reset regardless of the printer warranty status, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty.  HP's web page on the subject is here.  From the web page there:  "If your printer or ink cartridges are within warranty, an HP support agent can help you resolve this issue." [Emphasis added by me.]

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.